Live to Laser
No Permanent Modification
VirTra’s simulated firearm recoil kits are designed to convert a live firearm into a simulation-ready weapon without permanent modification. The drop-in laser recoil kit is installed in the trainee’s duty weapon without permanent modification, while the CO2 magazine supplies realistic recoil for an immersive training experience.
Drop-in Laser Recoil Kits
Real firearms are tetherless and so are VirTra’s drop-in laser recoil systems. These kits produce powerful recoil action, operate at the correct cyclical rate and are easily installed in the trainee’s own weapon—without causing permanent modification.
By simulating the most realistic recoil without the obstruction of pressure supply tubes or wires, trainees are allowed a full range of movement. With no harmful gasses, blank cartridges or lead deposits, trainees can easily and safely improve shooting skills at a fraction of the cost and under any weather condition. This translates into a highly functional recoil kit with the best performance in the industry.
Weapon Recoil Kits
Pistol, Shotgun and Rifle/Carbine
- Berretta M9: Tetherless Beretta M9 handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine
- Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 22: Tetherless Glock 17, 19, and 22 handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine – 9mm
- Sig Sauer P226: Tetherless Sig Sauer P226 handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine
- Heckler & Koch P2000, H&K USPC: Tetherless H&K P2000 handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine
- Smith & Wesson MP: Tetherless S&W MP handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine
- Any 12ga. Shot Pump Action: 12 Gauge includes laser inert
- Mossberg M500: Includes laser insert
- Remington 870: Includes laser insert
- Colt M4/M16/AR-15: ATR-M16 Advanced M16 / M4/ AR-15 Tetherless Recoil Kit
- AK-47: Tetherless AK-47 recoil kit, includes one magazine
- Heckler & Koch SL8: Tetherless SL8 recoil kit, includes one magazine
- And more! Contact a Specialist for more information
Simulation Training At Its Finest
VirTra’s easy drop-in laser recoil kits need a CO2 magazine that best fits your training needs. VirTra’s unique magazines are designed for easy conversion with no modification required. The options are based upon your needs: Standard Magazine (SM), Fundamental Skills Magazine (FSM) and Advanced Skills Magazine (ASM).
Pistol magazine options:
- Standard: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum, Simulates Loaded Magazine
- Fundamental Skills: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum, Simulates Loaded Magazine, Supports Slide Lock Back
- Advanced Skills: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade aluminum, Instructor Initiated Slide Lock Back, BLE Wireless Communication, 8+ Hours of Battery Life, Micro USB Charging
Rifle magazine options:
- Standard: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum
- Fundamental Skills: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum, Supports End of Magazine Bolt Hold Open
- Advanced Skills: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum, Supports Instructor Initiated Bolt Hold Open, Wireless BLE Communication, Mini USB Charging
Recoil Kit Accessories
VirTra Refill Station
Proprietary System That Pumps It Up
VirTra utilizes liquid CO2 because of its density and volatility at 900+ psi, which provides the most intense weapon recoil in the industry. Combined with a proprietary refill station, this becomes the winning combination VirTra’s recoil kits are known for. Pistol and rifle magazines are quickly and efficiently refilled through the Refill Station—a tabletop device—that keeps training sessions running smoothly. CO2 magazines are cost-effective (as low as .03 cents per shot), safe and environmentally-friendly, as the magazine’s ability to refill cuts down the cost and disposal of spent CO2 cylinders.
CO2 Tank and Nozzle
More Pounds Per Pressure
The CO2 Tank provides CO2 to the Refill Station, which then refills the empty magazines. Extra CO2 tanks may be purchased during heavy training sessions. This item ships empty and the customer is responsible for filling the tank. It is important that proper caution is exercised when handling pressurized devices.
Training Specialist and Use of Force Expert
The idea of recoil and magazines used to improve the student’s motor skill set development instantly had my interest. The VirTra system would allow us to provide the actual platform that recruits are shooting, it allows for the use of their issued equipment and retention devices.