PATENTED RETURN FIRE SIMULATOR
Patented Return Fire Threat Simulator
Prior to Threat-Fire™, Military and Law Enforcement use of force simulation training lacked a key feature – consequences. Trainees could engage simulated hostile forces however, simulated hostile forces could not feasibly affect trainees – a deficiency that greatly reduced the realism of training. As part of VirTra’s ongoing effort to revolutionize firearms simulation training, VirTra invented the Threat-Fire™ to solve this problem. A revolutionary shoot don’t shoot simulator.
Enhances training effectiveness by delivering an adjustable electric impulse simulating hostile return fire.
The standard setting of just 30 milliseconds of electric impulse is enough to add real-world consequences that greatly enhance the effectiveness of simulation training. Threat-Fire™ easily clips-on to the trainee, uses a rechargeable battery pack, is wireless, and can penetrate many layers of clothing. As opposed to shoot-back cannons, Threat-Fire™ requires no aiming, allowing instructors to focus fully on the trainee, does not leave behind materials that require cleanup, and has low risk of personal injury compared to shoot-back projectiles.
ADDS REAL CONSEQUENCE TO FIREARMS TRAINING
Fully integrated into VirTra’s firearms training simulators, the Threat-Fire™ represents a higher standard in simulation. Trainees learn to handle consequences in training – the best possible simulation experience in preparation for duty.
- Enhances realism and effectiveness of training – Electric impulses add stress and consequences to training.
- Lightweight – Compact, light, and durable clip-on training device.
- No aiming required – Trainer can focus fully on the trainee.
- Wireless – Freedom of movement inside and outside the simulator.
- Environmentally Friendly – Powered by rechargeable battery pack.
- Compatibility – Fully integrated into all VirTra simulators.
- Safety – No eye protection required. Fail-safe impulse protection.
- Adjustable – Impulse wirelessly adjustable from 0.2 to 2.5 seconds from 50ft away.
- Effective – Can penetrate many layers of clothing.
- Power: 100-240V @ 50-60 Hz
- Output: 80,000V (7w)
- Weight: 1 lb
- Size: 2.25” W x 6.0”H x 1.75” D
Patented Threat-Fire™ return fire, or “shoot-back” device utilizing electric impulses to effectively simulate live fire with no safety equipment needed. Unlike shoot back cannons, there is no firing of projectiles which lowers the risk of potential injury to the trainee.
Less equipment equals less distraction, and more time to focus on training.
U.S. Patent No. 8,016,594
U.S. Patent No. 8,267,691
Additional Patents Pending