Take Simulations Seriously
Stress Inoculation Enhancements
The V-Threat-Fire® is designed to bring consequences to training by delivering an electric impulse to simulate return fire, dog bites, explosions and more. It uses an electric impulse to safely apply stress and supply immediate negative consequences, if needed. This instructor-initiated device can be controlled from a computer screen and requires no clean-up and minimal risk of injury.
The V-Threat-Fire’s electric impulse is adjustable from 0.2 to 1 seconds, which tests the trainee’s ability to stay engaged in the scenario and carry on with the mission despite the physical distraction. Opposed to shoot-back cannons, V-Threat-Fire requires no aiming, no protective face gear, no cleanup and has low risk of personal injury. Unlike flashing lights, loud noises and other forms of distraction, the V-Threat-Fire delivers a more powerful, realistic consequence.
V-Threat-Fire is designed to complete the interaction loop. In training, the trainee engages simulated suspects and now the simulated suspects engage the trainee safely. According to a recent clinical study, implementing V-Threat-Fire into training has been shown to improve a trainee’s performance.
- Adjustable: Electric impulse is wirelessly adjustable from 0.2 to 1 seconds from 50ft away.
- Compatibility: Fully integrated into all VirTra simulators.
- Effective: Electric impulse can penetrate multiple layers of clothing. Available in vibrate-only mode.
- Enhances Training: Electric impulses add stress and realistic consequences to training.
- Environmentally Friendly: Powered by a rechargeable battery pack.
- Lightweight: Compact, light and durable clip-on training device.
- Safe: No eye protection required. Fail-safe impulse protection. Does not cause damage to the heart or other parts of the body.
- Simple: No aiming required, allowing the trainer to focus fully on the trainee.
- Wireless: Allows freedom of movement inside and outside of the simulation. Connects to the system using Bluetooth technology.
Patent & Safety Information
The patented V-Threat-Fire return fire device utilizes electric impulses to effectively apply stress and supply immediate negative consequences in training. VirTra holds the patent to combining the use of an electronic feedback device within simulation.
Less equipment equals less distraction equals more time to focus on training.
U.S. Patent No. 8,016,594
U.S. Patent No. 8,267,691
VirTra’s V-Threat-Fire has been tested for safety by Rassettica Testing Limited and the electric impulses delivered were determined to be “well within the safety limits stated in scientific and medical literature when the device is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.”
Charles Sturt University
What I did in the real situation was made sure I was very aware of what was going on and all of the possibilities, just like in the [VirTra] simulation.