Live To Laser
No Permanent Modification
VirTra’s CO2 drop-in recoil kits convert live firearms into simulation-ready weapons with no permanent modification. The drop-in laser recoil kit is installed in the servicemember’s duty weapon without permanent modification, while the CO2 magazine supplies a realistic recoil for a high-fidelity training experience.
Drop-in Laser Recoil Kits
Real firearms are tetherless and so are VirTra’s drop-in laser recoil systems. These kits produce powerful recoil action, operate at the correct cyclical rate and are easily installed in the trainee’s own weapon—without causing permanent modification.
By simulating the most realistic recoil without the obstruction of pressure supply tubes or wires, trainees are allowed a full range of movement. With no harmful gasses, blank cartridges or lead deposits, trainees can easily and safely move, shoot and improve skills at a fraction of the cost and under any weather condition. This translates into a highly functional recoil kit with the best performance in the industry.
All of VirTra’s recoil kits are designed with ArmorGen™ in order to maintain durability and minimize wear. This protective coating adheres at an atomic level and ensures your kit will remain functional for a long time.
Weapon Recoil Kits
Pistol, Shot Gun and Rifle/Carbine
- Berretta M9: Tetherless Beretta M9 handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine
- Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 22: Tetherless Glock 17, 19, and 22 handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine – 9mm
- Sig Sauer P226: Tetherless Sig Sauer P226 handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine
- Heckler & Koch P2000, H&K USPC: Tetherless H&K P2000 handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine
- Smith & Wesson MP: Tetherless S&W MP handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine
- Walther P99: Tetherless P99 handgun recoil kit, includes one magazine
- Any 12ga. Shot Pump Action: 12 Gauge includes laser inert
- Mossberg M500: Includes laser insert
- Remington 870: Includes laser insert
- ATR-M16 Advanced M16 / M4 / AR-15 recoil kit
- AK-47 recoil kit
- Heckler & Koch G36 / MP5 / UMP recoil kit
- CZ805 Bren recoil kit
- TAVOR X95 recoil kit
- SIG MCX recoil kit
- And more! Contact a Specialist for more information
Simulation Training At Its Finest
VirTra’s easy drop-in laser recoil kits need a CO2 magazine that best fits your training needs. VirTra’s unique magazines are designed for easy conversion with no modification required. The options are based upon your needs: Standard Magazine (SM), Fundamental Skills Magazine (FSM) and Advanced Skills Magazine (ASM).
Pistol magazine options:
- Standard: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum, Simulates Loaded Magazine
- Fundamental Skills: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum, Simulates Loaded Magazine, Supports Slide Lock Back
- Advanced Skills: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade aluminum, Instructor Initiated Slide Lock Back, BLE Wireless Communication, 8+ Hours of Battery Life, Micro USB Charging
Rifle magazine options:
- Standard: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum
- Fundamental Skills: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum, Supports End of Magazine Bolt Hold Open
- Advanced Skills: Internal CO2 Chamber, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum, Supports Instructor Initiated Bolt Hold Open, Wireless BLE Communication, 8+ Hours of Battery Life, Mini USB Charging
Recoil Kit Accessories
VirTra Refill Station
Proprietary System That Pumps It Up
VirTra utilizes liquid CO2 because of its density and volatility at 900+ psi, which provides the most intense weapon recoil in the industry. Combined with a proprietary refill station, this becomes the winning combination VirTra’s recoil kits are known for. Pistol and rifle magazines are quickly and efficiently refilled through the Refill Station—a tabletop device—that keeps training sessions running smoothly. CO2 magazines are cost-effective (as low as .03 cents per shot), safe and environmentally-friendly, as the magazine’s ability to refill cuts down the cost and disposal of spent CO2 cylinders.
CO2 Tank and Nozzle
More Pounds Per Pressure
The CO2 tank provides CO2 to the Refill Station or nozzle, which refills the empty magazines. Extra CO2 tanks may be purchased during heavy training sessions. This item ships empty and the customer is responsible for filling the tank. It is important that proper caution is exercised when handling pressurized devices.
Training Specialist and Use of Force Expert
What made us choose VirTra was the options it had that would enhance what we were currently doing. We saw there was a lot more application, more realism and opportunity to integrate some of the stuff we saw coming related to the force option from verbal de-escalation all the way through lethal force.