Job Location: Chandler, AZ
The Customer Support Specialist maintains the successful operation of VirTra’s firearm training simulators and products after the systems have been installed at customer locations. Ensures that all customer service issues and inquiries relating to proprietary hardware and software are resolved timely and will provide the highest level of customer service acting as the first point of escalation.
- Process inbound and outbound service and support calls through phone and email communication
- Receive and diagnose escalated technical support issues from Customer Support Representatives relating to proprietary software and hardware on Windows OS
- Develop and maintain understanding of proprietary hardware and software solutions to assist in reporting trends in customer issues
- Perform advanced repair on hardware through RMA Process and identify trends in issues to report to sustainment engineers
- Provide remote support to customers through developed remote access to further diagnose and resolve customer software issues
- Develop and maintain proficiency in software solutions utilizing PC networking, system services, peripheral system devices
- Develop and maintain proficiency with electrical and mechanical designs of proprietary hardware to guide advanced troubleshooting
- Develop and maintain proficiency with all new, modified, and legacy systems, products, and scenarios.
- Assist in developing company knowledge base on troubleshooting new and legacy issues
- Direct customer inquiries to the appropriate company personnel, as needed
- Assist in development of customer training and support resources
- Manage and log time worked daily by project code
- Provides miscellaneous support to other departments, as needed
- Comply with department ISO 9001 processes and company quality
- Perform testing on outgoing products to ensure proper functionality as defined by company and departmental SOPs
- Maintain detailed and accurate reporting of each customer issue or inquiry utilizing CRM system
- Audit escalated issues from Customer Support Representative for accuracy and completeness
- Qualify customer service contract status and provide appropriate level of service according to company and departmental SOPs
- Create RMAs and inventory requisition as needed through CRM system
- Ensure incoming RMAs are processed through repair team utilizing CRM software
- Ensure service tickets are followed up on and resolved within established timeframes.
- Set appropriate customer expectations for resolution and follow-up
- Maintain customer communication and foster positive customer relationships.
- Respond to service requests and inquiries within required timeframe, including after-hours and weekend requests and inquiries.
- Collaborate with company personnel to provide prompt resolutions for customer inquiries or issues
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned to better the department or company.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer service and technical support experience (Level 2 or above preferred).
- Able to prioritize work, manage time effectively and work successfully in a fast paced, multi-faceted structured environment
- Strong communication skills including the ability to teach others how to operate complex systems and equipment.
- Experience with CRM/Service Management Software
- Strong mechanical skills and knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of assembling, testing, and troubleshooting computers (hardware and software), audio/video equipment, and mechanical devices
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Windows OS platform issues
- Experience with PC Networking
- Experience with tools, both manual and power
- Understanding of firearms and firearm safety
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking Skills & Deductive Reasoning
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and speak. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Will be required to climb, kneel, crouch and lift items of 60 lbs. or more often. Visual acuity including color, depth perception and field of vision. Subject to high noise levels often as well as moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and scaffolding and high places. Sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time which requires repetitive motion of the wrist, hands and/or fingers.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED required. Associate’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer, software, and hardware issues using company resources
- Experience directly related to work performed such as audio, visual, firearm, PC Networking, customer service, preferred.
- Time in Service: 1 Year
- Time in Grade: 1 Year
Additional Requirements, if any:
- Full time position consisting of 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday. This position may require overtime and/or weekend work due to customer needs or deadlines.
- Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity