Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
The System Installer/Technical Support position is responsible for the initial configuration, testing, and on-site installation of all VirTra firearm training simulator systems. Will provide training to the customer following the simulator installation or when requested. Technical assistance support with customer service calls as well as ongoing post-installation support. This position may require up to 75% travel including domestic and international.
• Configuration and assembly of VirTra products and simulators.
• Testing and troubleshooting of all VirTra products.
• Install, update and service VirTra products and simulators worldwide.
• Ensure customer sites are left in a clean, presentable state before departure.
• Perform simulator training procedures for post-installation customer training.
• Proficiently demonstrate simulators to customers and explain parameters of functionality.
• Master and maintain proficiency with all new, modified, and legacy systems/scenarios.
• Obtain customer approval/signoff upon completion of installation and training and submit to VirTra Corporate as soon as possible to document open items or completion of work.
• Obtain customer signature for all trips performed.
• Responsible for communicating issues to your supervisor on issues that occurred during installation or inability to submit items per procedure or policy in a timely manner.
• Planning, scheduling and booking of travel arrangements per VirTra’s travel policy.
• Perform Pre-Travel communications, including scheduling confirmation with client, then document and upload form to VirTra’s server.
• Management of personally accrued company expenses and monthly expense reports including submission per company policy.
• Time management and logging of daily hours with project/contract codes.
• ISO:9001 processes are to be understood and followed per VirTra’s Quality Management System.
• Maintain the security, upkeep and availability of VirTra provided electronics and equipment.
• Customer support via all communication methods.
• Maintain a professional rapport with customers during installations and after departure from site visits.
• Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential between VirTra and the customer.
• Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs and records as necessary and in a timely manner.
• Upload all reports, photos and supporting documentation to the VirTra server, CRM or ERP software’s in a timely manner.
• Technical and miscellaneous support for all other departments within VirTra.
• Performs other duties as assigned and as needed to better the department or company.
• Time management working within a project based environment.
• Manage and log time worked by project code.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Installation/technical skills including knowledge of assembling, testing, and troubleshooting computers (hardware and software), audio/video equipment, and structural equipment
• Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot Windows OS platforms (XP, Win7 & Win10)
• Knowledge of basic construction and the ability to use manual and power tools.
• Exemplary communication skills including the ability to teach and train others how to operate complex training systems
• Passion for, experience with, and in-depth knowledge of firearms is preferred.
• Knowledgeable and capable of teaching firearm safety
• Ability to follow instructions
• Capable of lifting up to 100lbs minimum
This is a very physically demanding job which includes stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing for long periods of time, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, hearing and talking. Will exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Visual acuity including color, depth perception and field of vision is required daily.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 1+ years of experience with troubleshooting electronics or hardware installation.
• Minimum 1+ years of time in position or equivalent experience
• Entry-level to mid-level PC support or diagnostics
• Experience with PC Networking
• Knowledge of Windows OS Troubleshooting (XP, Windows7 & Windows10)
• Experience with Audio/Video equipment
Additional Requirements, if any:
• Work schedule: 7:30 to 4:30, Monday – Friday (in office)
• Work schedule: Fluctuating, Sunday – Saturday (on travel)
• Active and valid State Driver’s License at all times with a no major violations on record
• Minimum age requirement 25 Years of age or above
• Ability to obtain and possess a valid Passport
• Pre-employment Drug Test required
• Pre-employment Background Check required