Job Location: Tempe, AZ
The Service and Support Technician directs and maintains the successful operation of VirTra’s firearm training simulators and products after the systems have been installed at customer locations. Ensures that all customer service issues and inquiries are resolved timely and will provide the highest level of customer service.
• Process inbound and outbound service and support calls as needed by assessing the customer simulator issues and assigning the issue to a technical support representative to follow-up on and assist the customer.
• Handle and resolve customer complaints and inquiries using independent judgment after evaluating and comparing all possible courses of action and make recommendation/decision.
• Collaborate with the technical support team as needed.
• Respond to service requests and inquiries within required timeframe, including after-hours and weekend requests and inquiries.
• Document and track all service issues/tickets in the CRM.
• Operate service database via CRM software.
• Ensure service tickets are followed up on and resolved within established timeframes.
• Maintain customer communication and foster positive customer relationships.
• Coordinate the shipment of damaged or broken parts/components from the customer to VirTra, and the shipment of repaired/replaced parts and components back to the customer.
• Transfer all opportunities to upsell, upgrade, or extend warranties to sales department.
• Master and maintain proficiency with all new, modified and legacy systems, products and scenarios.
• Testing and troubleshooting of all VirTra products.
• Follow RMA standard operating procedures and help receiving to pull or put away parts in bins.
• Process returned defective merchandise to vendor and customer.
• Interface with company personnel, customers and vendors regarding RMA status.
• Configuration and assembly of VirTra products and simulators, as business needs dictate.
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned to better the department or company.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Customer service and technical support experience (Level 2 or above preferred).
• Exemplary communication skills including the ability to teach others how to operate complex systems and equipment.
• Experience with CRM/Service Management Software.
• Technical skills including knowledge of assembling, testing, and troubleshooting computers (hardware and software), audio/video equipment, and structural equipment
• Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Windows OS platforms (XP and Win7)
• Experience with PC Networking
• Experience with tools, both manual and power
• Basic understanding of firearms and firearm safety
1. Time Management
2. Problem Solving
3. People skills
4. Use of Independent Judgment
5. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
7. Collaboration Skills
8. Communication Proficiency
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and speak. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Will be required to climb, kneel, crouch and lift items of 60 lbs. or more often. Visual acuity including color, depth perception and field of vision. Subject to high noise levels often as well as moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and scaffolding and high places. Sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time which requires repetitive motion of the wrist, hands and/or fingers.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma/GED required. Associate’s degree preferred
2. Exemplary communication skills required.
3. Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot computer, software and hardware issues.
4. Experience directly related to work performed such as audio, visual, firearm, PC Networking, customer service, preferred.
Additional Requirements, if any:
• Full time position consisting of 40 hours per week; normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. This position may require overtime and/or weekend work due to customer needs or deadlines.
• Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity