Job Location: Chandler, AZ
VirTra is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to monitor and improve the quality of our operational process. The responsibilities include creating, maintaining, and reviewing our ISO9001:2015 quality standards, inspecting materials, parts and reviewing associated documentation as needed to ensure our goal of excellent quality and customer focus is met. The Quality Engineer will work closely with manufacturing, assembly, and engineering to ensure all drawing requirements can and will be met. This position will also work with supervisors and management to resolve and implement any quality measures deemed necessary to overall improve our quality and/or quality standards.
A successful Quality Engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to ensure that processes and products consistently meet or exceed our established quality standards.
- Ensures products meet organization and customers quality standards for all VirTra manufacturing products and assemblies, to include but not limited to receiving, incoming, first article, in process and final inspections.
- Troubleshoot and use appropriate root cause analysis for issues pertaining to the quality of the product.
- Maintain all quality documents in accordance with VirTra’s quality management system and customer specific requirements.
- Maintain compliance of all calibration and calibration records for inspection tools, CMM, microview, and testing equipment within the department
- Work with inspectors to improve inspection processes, determine if the current process is appropriate to meet or exceed company or customer requirements
- Interpret, develop, implement, and maintain quality requirements and standards that meet or exceed ISO 9001:2015 standard for the development and manufacture of products.
- Develop inspection methods to analyze product quality
- May compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and assemblies to identify areas that could benefit from improvements
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaboration and cohesion
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents, and reports.
- Interface with supplier quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented
- Work towards our goals of 100% On-Time Delivery and 100% Quality.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate general work activities.
- Clean-up of work area, and other areas of the facility as asked adhering to 5S principles.
- May be asked to assist in other plant functions under direct supervision of the manufacturing manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to better a department or company
- Manage and document time worked daily with appropriate job or project code.
- Provide engineering support to Receiving Inspection including statistical analysis, measurement systems analysis, Gage R&R studies, and inspection procedures, effectively manage the Acceptable Quality Limits (AQL) sampling plans for incoming, in-process and outgoing quality
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering and 5-years working experience o OR 10-years working experience
- (Working experience) Must include quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment, machine shop preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, or ISO 13485, or AS9100, required
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, product specifications, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and statistical tools, SixSigma green/black certification preferred
- ASQ certification preferred
- Knowledge of Solidworks, Epicor (E10) preferred, Minitab or JMP
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work efficiently in a team environment
- Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Additional Requirements, if any:
- Work schedule: 8:00 to 5:00, Monday – Friday
- Pre-employment drug test
- Pre-employment background check
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity