The Regional Sales Manager aggressively manages and pursues Law Enforcement and Military sales opportunities from existing leads as well as new prospects within their assigned territory and strategically persuades them to purchase VirTra simulators and accessories. This position is responsible for executing the sales cycle including, but not limited to, product demonstration, development and presentation of proposals and quotes, closing of sales, and post-installation follow up. Extensive territory travel is required up to 3 weeks at a time.
- Able to set and achieve aggressive sales goals
- Contact prospects to identify their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Suggest specific product purchases to meet customers’ needs.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Quote prices, credit terms, and other bid specifications.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
- Maintain customer records using CRM (Salesforce) system.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
- Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers’ needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Demonstrate and explain products, methods, or services in order to persuade customers to purchase products or utilize services.
- Provide informational marketing materials and other incentives to persuade clients/customers to buy products.
- Comply with department ISO 9001 processes and company quality policy
- Manage and log time worked daily by project code
- Provide miscellaneous support to other departments, as needed.
- Transport, assemble, and disassemble materials used in demonstrations and presentations.
- Keep current with competition’s products, service offerings and activity.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned to better the department or company.
- Goal Oriented
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Use of Independent Judgment
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Communication Proficiency
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have ‘home office’ where uninterrupted and undistracted work can take place during business hours
- Motivated and energetic individual with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to remain motivated and focused in order to successfully managing a long sales cycle
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally, 60% – 75% of the time
- Works extremely well independently
- Advanced knowledge of computer software, hardware, networking and other technical areas desired
- Proficiency with Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Understands the value of using CRM system
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and speak. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Will be required to climb, kneel, crouch and lift items of 60 lbs. or more rarely. Visual acuity including color, depth perception and field of vision. Hand-eye coordination. Often will be required to sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time which requires repetitive motion of the wrist, hands and/or fingers.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree helpful
- Proven track record as a top sales performer with the ability to “close the deal”
- Desired extensive military or law enforcement experience (10+ years)
- Extensive firearms handling experience required
Additional Requirements, if any:
- Work schedule: 7:30 to 4:30, Monday – Friday
- Minimum age of 25
- Pre-employment drug test
- Pre-employment background check
- Active, valid driver’s license with no major offense within 3 years
- Willing and able to use personal vehicle for sales demonstrations and customer visits
- Must maintain appropriate vehicle insurance coverage at all times
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity