Job Location: Chandler, AZ
Plans, directs and coordinates preparation and implementation programs to ensure compliance with company’s quality processes and procedures.
- Reviews and thoroughly understands product functional and design specifications.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of VirTra products and production equipment.
- Understand and utilize designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Conducts quality assurance tests for hardware and software of VirTra and VirTra’s vendors product’s.
- Create and maintain company quality documentation.
- Performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of, and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Performs defect analysis utilizing experience in statistical quality process analytical methods.
- Ensure all checklists and documentation are filled out completely, accurately and uploaded to designated locations as per VirTra’s processes and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports; manages documentation control systems.
- Maintains full accountability and chain of custody procedures for all serialized materials and equipment.
- Reviews returned material and verifies customer complaints; develops action plan to address discrepancies; communicates with customers as required.
- Communicates and resolves QA issues with operators/technicians on a day-to-day basis.
- Provides daily project status updates to QA Manager.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Six Sigma and ISO:9001 processes are to be understood and followed per VirTra’s Quality Management System.
- Logging of VirTra software bugs and features as well as hardware issues into Epicor as directed within VirTra’s quality assurance and control procedures.
- Hardware and software testing and debugging.
- Develop and provide technical training for customers and peers.
- Track all customer related service and inventoried products via Epicor.
- Accurately manage and log time worked by project code daily via Epicor.
- Responsible for meeting and facilitating product “release” dates.
- Investigates and thoroughly understands developments in quality assurance codes and standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in the use of manual and power tools.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Windows OS Troubleshooting (XP, Windows7 & Windows10).
- Familiar with Six Sigma Green required
- ISO 9001 2015 experience a plus.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow, including last minute priority change.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in VirTra products.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and speak. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Will exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move and work on objects. Visual acuity including color, depth perception and field of vision is required daily. Will be bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing for long periods of time, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, hearing, talking.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Six Sigma Green or above required
- ISO 9001 certification highly recommended
- Experience with PC Networking & Windows servers
- Experience with audio and video equipment
- Mid-level hardware testing, software testing, game testing, or electronics testing experience.
Additional Requirements, if any:
- Work schedule: 7:30 to 4:30, Monday – Friday. This position may require long hours and/or weekend work due to customer and business needs.
- Pre-employment drug test and background check
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity