Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
Test all VirTra firearm training simulators to ensure superior performance within all system components (software, hardware, electronics, and firearms) during all stages of development and production. The QA/QC Technician will accurately record issues in the project database, communicate such issues with project leads, and ensure that system refinements resolve these issues. QA/QC Technician staff will follow testing sequences and schedules to ensure all aspects of software, hardware, and equipment and training scenarios are tested and functioning properly.
• Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
• Provide daily project status updates to the QA/QC Lead.
• Review QA problems and procedures and recommend solutions or changes.
• Confer with Management and Leads about quality assurance of new products designed and available manufactured products to rectify problems.
• Responsible for establishing and meeting timelines of projects.
• Assist with On-site Tech Support and Customer Support.
• Assist in all external customer matters relating to VirTra quality matters.
• Verify that all Production Systems are certified as “ready to ship”.
• Ensure all checklists and documentation are filled out complete, accurately and uploaded to designated locations.
• Effectively and efficiently manage assigned projects, including updating project management software.
• Hardware testing.
• ISO:9001 processes are to be understood and followed per VirTra’s Quality Management System.
• Software testing and debugging.
• Logging of VirTra software bugs and features.
• Assist with production assembly.
• Provide fabrication support to hardware engineering department.
• Trade show and Sales Demonstrations support and assistance.
• Perform warehouse maintenance, organization and cleaning as needed.
• Track all customer related service and inventoried products via CRM/ERP software.
• Accurately manage and log time worked by project code daily.
• Performs other duties as assigned and as needed to better the department or company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to stay organized, meet strict deadlines, and exhibit great follow-through.
• Patience and ability to perform detailed testing for extended periods of time and consistently stay focused across multiple projects.
• Accurate and diligent data recording and data communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with various levels within the organization.
• Good communication skills including the ability to clearly write and articulate steps to address system performance issues.
• Strong program management and multi-tasking skills.
• Passion for firearms and/or video games.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio & Outlook is desired.
• Ability to learn, design and work with a web-based project management & issue tracking system.
This is a moderately physical position and requires medium work and will exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Visual acuity including color, depth perception and field of vision is required daily. Will be bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing for long periods of time, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, hearing, talking.
Education and Experience:
• 2 years of experience with troubleshooting electronics detection issues or desktop support.
• Mid-level or above software testing, game testing, or electronics testing experience required.
• Entry-level to mid-level software testing, game testing, or electronics testing experience.
• Experience with PC Networking.
• Knowledge of Windows OS Troubleshooting (XP, Windows 7 & Windows 10).
• Experience with Audio/Video equipment.
Additional Requirements, if any:
• Work schedule: 7:30 to 4:30, Monday – Friday.
• Pre-employment Drug Test required
• Pre-employment Background Check required