Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
We are one of the first virtual reality-based companies in the world, focusing on developing and delivering the world’s finest firearms and use of force training simulation systems to our clients, mostly military and law enforcement in the U.S. and throughout the world. We are currently looking for a Project Manager (PM) with experience managing new product introduction/development (NPI/NPD) projects and to join our PMO. Not only will you lead super complex and highly technical projects, but you will be on the front lines of developing cutting-edge, world-class simulations products! Do we have your attention yet?
• Drive product development projects from start to finish, including project scoping and requirements definition, through validation and production release.
• Closely collaborate with department managers for ensuring project flow and optimum results from the teams.
• Create detailed project schedules which identify tasks, sequence activities, and allocate resources appropriately for successful project completion.
• Skillfully lead project teams utilizing a range of soft skills, including negotiation, influencing, conflict management, active listening, trust building, positive attitude, encouragement and motivation.
• Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete a project.
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
• Maintain a pulse on your projects, for risk tracking and issue resolution, continued planning, crisp and clear communications, resources and budget management, and change management.
• Establish proper lines of communication to collaborate with teams, key stakeholders, and senior management to highlight project status.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment when evaluating project plan deviations, and recommend preventative and corrective actions to further project completion.
• Create and maintain reports for management to review which could include budget or schedule variances, quality, staffing, documentation, deliverables, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to improve the department or VirTra.
1. Project and time management
2. Technical capacity, including problem solving and analysis
3. Flexibility and adaptability
4. High personal effectiveness, emotional intelligence, and credibility
5. Organization and leadership
6. Honed and effective team collaboration skills
7. Excellent communication and writing skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will usually work in an office environment but the purpose of the project may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces. The employee is regularly required to speak; listen; stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 lbs. and to sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or project management discipline
• 6+ years of experience as a PM including 3+ year managing the development of new products
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired
• Positive, high energy, adaptable, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Resilient leader to set and maintain an inspiring tone, vision, and direction for the project teams
• Ability to influence, persuade, and motivate diverse teams to accomplish a common goal
Additional requirements, in any:
• Typical work schedule – Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
• Depending on the project, weekends or evenings may sometimes be required
• Position based out of Tempe, AZ corporate office