Job Location: Tempe, AZ / Chandler, AZ
Full-Time position to fulfill the need of general assembly of VirTra manufactured products including assembly and diagnostics of computers, to assist in the production and manufacturing warehouses.
Will work with production teams in the warehouses performing project tasks or assignments of a moderately complex nature ranging from repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as boards, modules, panels and cables. Also will be assembling and configuring custom computers, and performing basic diagnostics.
- Responsible for small parts assembly with high attention to detail
- Perform bench and floor assembly work usually a short cycle involving standardized work elements
- Assembly and diagnostics of computers
- Installation of computer software
- Experience in a high reliability manufacturing environment is required.
- Quality control procedures and documentation must be followed
- Must have a desire to learn.
- Able to read a complex multilevel bill of material and pull parts required for production builds.
- Bag and tag items
- Bolt, clip, screw or otherwise fasten parts together as required
- Warehouse clean up and general organization
- Organize inventory in a manner most efficient to complete the process
- Assistance with shipping and receiving
- Proficiency with mechanical hand tools (wrenches, screw drives, pliers, etc.) and basic power tools (drills, Dremel tools, grinding wheels, etc.) is required.
- Report issues or problems with projects to immediate supervisor
- Adhere to all safety guidelines
- Comply with department ISO 9001 processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Must have knowledge of PC assembly and basic software installation skills
- Ability to interpret written, audible and visual work instructions
- Able to communicate effectively including verbally and written
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and complete tasks/projects on time
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools and small equipment
- Results Driven
- Time Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Communication skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. Often the employee will be required to stand; walk and will occasionally be subject to outside environmental conditions and higher than normal noise levels. May be required to climb, kneel, crouch and lift items of 60 lbs. or more. Ability to sit and work on repetitive tasks for long periods of time. Visual acuity including color, depth perception and field of vision is required.
Education and Experience:
- High School or GED
- Previous experience in a warehouse or factory setting
- Previous experience with general mechanical assembly or assembly of computers
- Experience in basic PC repairs a plus
Additional requirements, if any:
- Full time position consisting of 40+ hours per week; normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm. This position may require long hours and weekend work due to production, rework or customer deadlines.
- Pre-employment drug test and background test
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity