Job Location: Tempe, AZ
The Multimedia Specialist is responsible for the design, creation, and management of multimedia deliverables, including video, audio, animation, and graphic design collateral that supports training delivery, marketing, sales, and other corporate communications initiatives. The Multimedia Specialist works closely under the Director of Marketing in the execution of objectives that support VirTra’s marketing objectives.
- Reviews and interprets documentation including use case scenarios, scripts, storyboards, and project plans to recommend and build effective delivery strategies.
- Designs effective instructional materials, illustrations, animations, simulations and assessments to support educational content with an understanding of the project goals, target audiences, and campaign messaging.
- Interacts with managers and subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of content.
- Hands-on video scripting, recording, and editing, including the setup of video and photo shoots, lighting, sound, and other technical details.
- Supports the delivery of live-stream video conferences and events.
- Upload and organize files to video hosting sites such as Vimeo and YouTube; Track and report analytics of video hosting sites monthly.
- Recommends and follows best practices in collateral development and rev control with the development of media assets, including video, audio, and graphics to ensure an effective and consistent development process.
- Maintains equipment and resources necessary for multimedia collateral development.
- Manage inventory, checkout, maintenance and set-up of projectors, cameras, lights and other audio-visual equipment for internal and external use.
- Assists in the creation of sales, marketing, and product support collateral.
- Coordinates the delivery of content supporting corporate communication activities as needed, including social media posts and website updates.
- Assists other internal teams with distribution of their internal and external communications that are consistent with VirTra’s brand identity and communication standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in multimedia arts, graphic design, or related field.
- Past experience should include four + years in multimedia development and delivery of video, photography and print collateral.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply corporate branding and visual identity to collateral and define styling for communications campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and grammatically correct content that supports communication objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and lead new projects related to the position as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks while maintaining perspective on corporate and team objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, interpretation, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Creativity and an aptitude for graphic and visual design appropriate to the business environment.
- Ability to update WordPress website with new creative collateral.
This is a very physically demanding job which includes stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing for long periods of time, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, hearing and talking. Will exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects and equipment. Visual acuity including color, depth perception and field of vision is required daily.
- Ethical Conduct
- Detail Oriented
- Communication Proficiency
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Organization & Time Management
Additional Requirements, if any:
- Full time position consisting of 40+ hours per week; normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. This position may require additional hours and/or weekend work due to special work projects or deadlines.
- Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
- Travel required 15% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity