Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
Coordinate and support tradeshow preparation and shipping logistics for the department. In this role, candidates will use their experience overseeing event planning, logistics and coordination of B2B trade-shows while representing a B2B company. Provide support to the sales and marketing team for planning, organizing, updating, reporting and filing.
Candidates will not only manage event operations, but also coordinate and plan meetings, secure vendors and staff, order marketing collateral and keep the inventory spreadsheets updated. Candidates will use their experience managing trade-shows to develop marketing strategies, set goals, evaluate success based on ROI, report metrics, campaigns and more. The ideal candidate would have at least 3+ years’ experience overseeing the logistics of nationally recognized trade-shows. Candidates will be overseeing 25-35 shows annually.
• Coordinate details of events such as conferences, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, training events and employee appreciation events.
• Coordinate shipping simulator(s), registration, coordination with event organizers, and other logistics associated with exhibiting at Tradeshows. Includes maintaining overall event calendar and noting key deadlines associated with shipping, travel, and registration.
• Assemble proposals and submissions from existing company materials to meet deadlines and provide proposal support.
• Track status of quotes, up to either booking an order, or termination of the requirement.
• Interface with cross-functional departments such as; sales, engineering, production, shipping and customer service to resolve complex issues.
• Support the collection of sales data needed to generate sales forecasts.
• Utilize Salesforce/CRM and Hubspot systems to enter and track all customer data, ensure accuracy of data and prepare reports as needed.
• Maintain contract compliance with company policy and Government regulations, consistent with industry best practices.
• Manage agency staff responsible for event coordination activities.
• Manage vendors and suppliers’ payables.
• Calculate budgets and adjust when necessary.
• Source venues globally and negotiate fees.
• Maintain government contracts as point of contact.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
3. Problem Solving
5. Written and Verbal Communication Proficiency
6. Professional – ability to represent the company to outside parties
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Strong trade show administration skills and 3+ years’ experience to include coordination, budget tracking, scheduling, space reservation, filing Carnets, contracts and booth layout & design.
• Strong understanding of shipping and logistics coordination and requirements in COTUS and Internationally.
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be able to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment with changing demands and deadlines.
• Familiar with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and foreign contracts desirable.
• Ability to achieve goals and exceed expectations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 lbs. and to sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time.
Education and Experience:
1. Associate degree or higher in business related field or relevant work experience.
2. Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM application.
3. 3 years’ tradeshow coordination experience.
4. 3+ years’ experience in administrative role.
• Full time position consisting of 40+ hours per week; normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. This position may require additional hours and/or weekend work due to special work projects or deadlines.
• Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity