Job Location: Chandler, AZ
Our Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for writing, developing and executing the B2B marketing communications for VirTra. The Marketing Communications Specialist is the story teller who develops ways to build awareness and engagement with our audiences and ensures a steady flow of content creation and delivery that is aligned with the overall marketing strategy. This person works closely with marketing and sales to develop rich technical content that promotes our products, capabilities, and expertise to audiences.
- Write content and prepare materials for communication projects related to sales videos, brochures, websites, advertising, public relations, seminars and trade shows and other promotional programs aimed at key audiences
- Storyboard, write and produce video material for product demonstrations, website and social media
- Participate in the development of plans for product promotion in support of marketing objectives
- Efficient planning – manage projects and meet agreed upon deadlines; maintain a communications calendar
- Explore and recommend new ways to improve written and visual content and communications to reach our target audiences
- Update sales collateral materials such as product briefs, datasheets, user guides, etc. with input from sales and engineering
- Maintain company website: coordinate the development of new website material, SEO optimization and work with internal and external resources to implement changes
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or Journalism preferred
- Past experience in marketing, communications and/or a related field
- Past experience in law enforcement, military or legal preferred
- Must excel at written and verbal communication with ability to take technical details and convey in a meaningful way to a varied audience
- Demonstrated creativity in developing written and visual content to build customer awareness
- Must be proactive in coordinating with internal resources to see assigned tasks / projects through to completion
- Flexible and organized; able to handle multiple priorities under changing requirements
- Intermediate Proficiency with basic graphic design using Adobe InDesign or another Creative Suite application
- Advanced Proficiency in all Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of video production with regards to storytelling and storyboarding
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Marketing Automation Software tools, e.g. Salesforce.com, preferred, but not required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 lbs. and to sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time.
Additional Requirements, if any:
- Full time position consisting of 40+ hours per week; normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. This position may require additional hours and/or weekend work due to special work projects or deadlines.
- Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity