Job Location: Tempe, AZ
The Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for planning and implementing inbound marketing strategies, managing inbound projects, and reporting on effectiveness of our inbound marketing efforts. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Automation Specialist will leverage best practices and capabilities to strategize, create, execute, and track highly targeted inbound campaigns that advance our thought leadership and performance.
The Marketing Automation Specialist must possess a balance of analytical, creative, and strategic thinking skills, while being focused on producing and executing high quality digital campaigns. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering digital marketing campaigns through marketing automation and CMS tools of Hubspot and Sales Force to drive thought leadership and demand. This Marketing Automation Specialist will be highly analytical, leveraging data to help drive the long-term marketing strategy and advise on how the marketing organization will invest and optimize its budget.
- Experience with HubSpot and SalesForce preferred or Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot or a similar marketing automation tool acceptable.
- Conceptualizing and implementing marketing campaigns that move contacts through the funnel, including developing workflows, landing pages, and email nurture campaigns.
- Consistently maintain high-quality data between HubSpot and Salesforce.
- Develop a 360-degree view of key VirTra audiences (e.g., Law Enforcement, Military, Educational Institutions, Commercial, etc.), conduct segmentation and targeting, and build profiles, engagement, qualification and response models.
- Leverage both qualitative and quantitative data and insights to inform and optimize program, campaign and content strategy.
- Structure, collect, and visualize campaign and marketing data to support decision-making processes.
- Extract insights from operational, financial, and campaign data to optimize performance; identify and execute opportunities to enhance VirTra performance; build mechanisms that automate the collection, reporting, and analysis process.
- Design and build campaign dashboards; Track and monitor ROI and trends across VirTra marketing campaigns; communicate performance indicators to Director of Marketing.
- Be responsible for overall system health including maintenance to reduce disruptions.
- Admin the synchronization between Salesforce and HubSpot.
- Design and provide user provisioning, data cleansing, report and dashboard design, user training, and documentation and marketing program support, within the Hubspot system.
- Create lead capture forms and landing pages to support acquisition and demand generation programs, to successfully reach new customers and expand revenue growth within existing customer base.
- Create meaningful database segmentation so we can tailor campaign and program messages for targeted audiences across specific market segments, industries and roles.
- Document processes and procedures for all marketing workflows within HubSpot, acting as the primary “power user” to cross-train and support other global marketing users on best-practices.
- Understand how Hubspot integrates with Salesforce as part of the overall lead management process, and manage and execute system deployment & integration projects for the MAP.
- Launch & optimize a broad range of email nurture programs and ad hoc email campaigns.
- Manage the email marketing calendar to ensure proper email governance rules are followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to better the department or company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead and participate in strategic discussions.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive, self-directed, creative, strategic thinking and able to implement plan via a well thought out process.
- Prior experience in quantitative analysis, data, and informatics; proficiency in qualitative intelligence development leveraging business and marketing intelligence partners, vendors, tools and programs.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing qualitative and quantitative metrics to manage programs in order to drive revenue, conversion, sales and other marketing goals.
- Excellent decision-making skills with a knack for identifying, prioritizing, and articulating the highest impact initiatives.
- Able to meet deliverables and drive your work to completion within specified timelines.
- Expertise in event marketing, and/or the tradeshow/expo industry a plus.
- Able to present ideas and solutions to many audiences including senior management.
- Can work cross functionally in many areas without being constrained by your job function.
- Able to work independently. Formulate and execute a self-driven engagement plan.
- Able to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects, initiatives, stakeholders and vendors/partners simultaneously with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Able to analyze, interpret, draw conclusions, and implement solutions on a variety of complex issues.
- Individual must be self-focusing and able to drive the critical few priorities in an environment where many demands and requests present themselves.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and speak. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Often will be required to sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time which requires repetitive motion of the wrist, hands and/or fingers. May need to lift office supplies upwards of 25 lbs. occasionally.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; educational or work experience in Marketing Automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Data / Analytics, Economics, Strategy, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Experience in data strategy, warehousing, management and visualization and knowledge of marketing automation and CRM tools (HubSpot/Salesforce preferred).
- Experience working with modern marketers centered on optimizing the demand generation process.
- Experience administering a Marketing Automation Platform (HubSpot preferred) involving complex buyer journeys across a wide array of products and services.
- Experience with creation of assets, programs and automations.
- 3+ years CRM tool (Salesforce) experience
- 3+ years Marketing Automation Platform (HubSpot) experience
- Experience with analytics tools (Google Analytics, SEMrush, etc.)
- Advanced MS Office and Salesforce skills.
- Minimum 7 years work experience.
Additional Requirements, if any:
- Work schedule: 8:00 to 5:00, Monday – Friday
- Pre-employment drug test
- Pre-employment background check
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity