Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
• Assist Manufacturing manager by planning workflow, maintaining the manufacturing schedule and maintaining inventory using ERP system.
• Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from machinists, technicians and other engineers.
• Interfaces with inspection to resolve non-conformances and helps maintain ISO requirements for manufacturing department
• Understand CNC machining processes to be able to plan methods of manufacture (MOM)
• Analyze drawings, sketches, and design data to determine if special cutting tools and measurement tools are required for production.
• Read and interpret drawings, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical drawing data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
• Use ERP to open jobs, purchase materials, and release technical data package for production / assembly.
• Works closely with inspection to create deviation requests, coordinates function testing as required and manages them through resolution.
• Assist in maintaining ISO requirements for manufacturing department.
• Ability to work with vendors to develop new processes or to correct non-conformances
• Will assist in setting up tests in order to assist with the repair of customer returned failed electromechanical hardware.
• Using Lean tools to evaluate existing manufacturing processes and assemblies to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements
• Apply working knowledge of manufacturing and assembly make continuous improvement recommendations
• Establish an effective and efficient work sequence
• Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems
• Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion
• Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service
• Work towards our goals of 100% On-Time Delivery and 100% Quality.
• Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate general work activities.
• Clean-up of work area, and other areas of the facility as asked adhering to 5S principles.
• May be asked to assist in other plant functions under direct supervision of the shop team lead.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to better a department or company.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing (or Mechanical) Engineering with 2 – 5 years’ experience,
or 8+ years’ experience in manufacturing (CNC Machining and electronics assembly) with progressive roles of responsibility
• Knowledge of Solidworks and Epicor ERP, preferred
• Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 or AS9100, preferred
• Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• History of progressive responsibility a plus
• Typical work schedule: 7:30 to 4:30, Monday – Friday; flexible work hours required which could include extended weekday shifts and/or Saturdays due to production deadlines, duties or project demand.
• Pre-employment drug test and background check.
• Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor
• Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
• Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
• Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity