Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
This position will develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods of manufacture in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and/or systems. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Coordinate’s manufacturing launch for new or revised machined products.
• Perform engineering duties in planning and designing of tools, manufacturing fixtures, and processes. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
• Design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
• Work with manufacturing team to recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or assembly malfunctions.
• Entry and verification of parts into ERP; including, planning the Method of Manufacture (MoM) of parts and assemblies. Manages and updates changes to the Method of Manufacture as ECNs and process updates warrant.
• Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
• Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
• Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of machinery and equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
3. Problem solving
5. Influence and negotiation
6. Communication proficiency
7. Team player
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the particular field.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Must have knowledge of computers, machining and assembly practices, tools and fixturing.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and make presentations.
• Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must excel at working in a team environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to occasionally lift products and/or supplies up to 25 lbs. and to sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time.
Education and Experience:
1. May require a bachelor’s degree in engineering (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial) and 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area, or at least 7 years of practical experience in the field or in a related area.
2. 3-5 years of total machine manufacturing experience, which would include machining, supervision, management, CNC programming and process engineering (hands on experience is essential)
3. Experience using ERP is a must, Epicor (E10) experience preferred.
4. Experience using Solidworks is preferred.
5. Collaborate with operations and vendors to cost down designs to deliver products at or below target costs.
6. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Additional requirements, if any:
• Full-time position consisting of 40+ hours per week; normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm. This position may require long hours and weekend work during periods of high production or deadlines.
• Pre-employment drug and background test
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity