Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
Will direct the creation of law enforcement training content, creation of written training material, and articles for publication. Will establish and maintain relationships with industry leaders to further VirTra’s mission. Works directly with Training and Curriculum (TAC) team to create realistic training curriculum. Test and verify that new content and training systems are immersive and effective training solutions. Demonstrates VirTra’s training systems to potential clients and business partners. Will provide support as needed to better our sales and content teams.
• Coordinate training and curriculum creation and development.
• Create effective law enforcement curriculum.
• Willingness to conduct and publish research.
• Ability to present training, education and research to audiences of 400+
• Utilize experience and knowledge to improve and expand law enforcement training content such as investigative process, domestic disturbances, active shooters, traffic stops, robberies, and hostage scenarios with a clear understanding of VirTra’s teach, train, test and sustain methodology.
• Leads, manages, and supervises a department of artists and editors assuring they will succeed in their productions.
• Work closely with project managers regarding team effort estimations, scheduling, and project tracking
• Replicate real-life law enforcement situations through script development, set design and planning, selection of actors/talent and actor instruction and direction.
• Work with the TAC team to test and verify new scenarios for effectiveness and immersion assuring that VirTra’s high quality standards are met.
• Liaise with law enforcement/military departments and personnel to stay current on training objectives and topics needed for realistic content and training development.
• Travel to production locations to assist TAC team with the development of effective training.
• Provide feedback to content, software and hardware teams in response to new product needs and market awareness
• Instruct clients (trainers) on how to properly utilize and train their personnel.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to better the department or company.
• Provides scheduling, time tracking and time off approvals for assigned staff.
• Must keep team member information confidential.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possess or in process of pursuing advanced degree in an associated field
• Highly self-motivated and organized
• Instructor certification preferred
• Positive, can-do attitude, with ability to lead development team and manage network of key partners Extensive Investigative & Training background during LE career
• Expert witness experience/certification preferred
• Detail-oriented and ability to handle various tasks simultaneously
• Past experience with government/law enforcement rules and regulations a plus.
• 15 to 20+ years of prior law enforcement experience
• Recent and relevant experience as a LE trainer in investigations, evidence collection, scene processing.
• Involvement in critical encounters preferred.
• Knowledge of standard law enforcement policies, procedures and practices
• Force Science certified instructor required, FSI Certified Use of Force Analyst preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to write, talk, hear and speak. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Will occasionally be subject to outside environmental conditions and higher than normal noise levels. Will be required to climb, kneel, crouch and lift items of 60 lbs. or more. Visual acuity including color, depth perception and field of vision required. Often will be required to sit and work at a computer for multiple hours at a time which requires repetitive motion of the wrist, hands and/or fingers.
1. Ethical Conduct
2. Detail Oriented
3. Performance Management
4. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
5. Organization & Time Management
6. Communication Proficiency
Additional Requirements, if any:
• Full time position consisting of 40+ hours per week; Typical work schedule: 8:00 to 5:00, Monday – Friday but flexible work hours required which could include evening or weekend work due to video shoots, production deadlines, coordination of duties or project demand.
• Pre-employment drug test and background check required
• Travel required up to 15% of the time
Please note: Position will be based out of Tempe, AZ
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity