Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
The Inventory Coordinator is responsible for maintaining a high level of accuracy and integrity in the safeguarding of inventory and non-inventory company assets. Generally, this person will oversee the flow of inventory and non-inventory parts in and out of the warehouse, which covers a variety of tasks, such as coordinating ordering, delivery, stocking, disbursing, loading, shipment, maintenance and storage.
• Maintain inventory and non-inventory part levels. Review sales forecast and inventory levels, communicating with departmental manager and Buyer to make sure inventory is maintained and replenished to pre-approved levels. Make and dispatch purchase order requisitions to Buyer to order, re-order and special order required inventory & non-inventory parts.
• Confer with Buyer on minimum/maximum order quantities to obtain the best possible pricing.
• Receive, label, place for storage and record in computer/inventory management software all inventory and non-inventory items for tracking.
• Maintain organized and secure control of inventory and inventory storage locations.
• Accurately dispense inventory and non-inventory parts, update computer/inventory management software with timely and valid information for all inventory & non-inventory movement.
• Keep accurate inventory quantities and perform reconciliations to inventory management software.
• Provide period inventory & non-inventory reports to accounting.
• Perform periodic inventory cycle counts and as-needed physical inventory count under the observation of external CPA auditors to confirm inventory quantities.
• Communicate and respond to various departments within the organization who may need information regarding inventory, vendors, products, deliveries, etc.
• Receive and verify all packing slip quantities. Correct, approve and forward to accounting in a timely manner. Assist with resolving invoice and vendor discrepancies involving vendors in the inventory & non-inventory area of responsibility.
• Assist with monitoring and communicating with vendors related to orders, back-orders and fulfillment.
• Assist with return merchandise authorizations (RMA’s), packaging, shipping and forwarding required information to accounting for all RMA’s.
• Maintain ISO 9001 process for inventory.
• Work closely with production department and Buyer for advance scheduling of freight pick-up and delivery of customers’ orders, including assisting with all shipping and customs documents. Physically pack and ship freight as required, from small parts for next day delivery to airfreight crates approximately 4 x 5 x 8 feet that can weight approximately 1500 lbs.
• Includes unloading and loading freight both manually or with equipment such as forklift or pallet jack. When receiving supplies or equipment, check for damaged goods; verify quantity and quality of order; and verify items received against purchase order.
• Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Technical Capacity
• Communication Skills
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Customer/Client Focus
• Ability to certify on the operation of a forklift and safety protocol
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the ability to reach, bend and often lift products, equipment and/or supplies up to 50 lbs. often and up to 100 lbs. occasionally. Requires the ability to sit at a computer workstation for periods of time. This position requires the ability to operate a warehouse forklift with approved certification and small power tools (e.g. drills, saws, etc.).
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management or equivalent credit hours or equal work experience
• Experience using Epicor systems is a plus
• Previous public company or small manufacturing industry work experience preferred
• Forklift and safety certified a plus
• Three or more years of related work experience within inventory control
• Full time position consisting of 40-hours per week; normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may require periodic overtime and weekend work during periods of high production and/or audit.
• Pre-employment drug screening and background check
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity