Job Location: Tempe, AZ
Responsible for inspection of all incoming products as well as internally manufactured products. Must demonstrate proficiency using MicroVu (multisensor), hand tools, and plate for part inspection. Assist on the shop floor with in-process inspection, and shipping/receiving.
• Develop, implement and maintain quality requirements and standards (ISO 9001:2015) for the development and manufacture of products.
• Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
• Participate in internal quality audits
• Interface with supplier quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented
• Serve as primary quality assurance for all manufacturing issues pertaining to the quality of the product from incoming inspection to final inspection of products.
• Maintain all quality records and documentation for manufacturing facility in accordance with the quality manual and customer specific requirements.
• Maintain calibration records for mechanical and electrical test equipment within the department
• Inspect products using coordinate measuring machine, vision, gauges, scales, oscilloscope prior to shipment
• Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures
• Work towards our goals of 100% On-Time Delivery and 100% Quality.
• Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate general work activities.
• Clean-up of work area, and other areas of the facility as asked adhering to 5S principles.
• May be asked to assist in other plant functions under direct supervision of the shop team lead.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to better a department or company.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 2-years working experience in a machine shop AND inspecting parts using vision and touch probe
• Working experience must include quality control in machine shop environment
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
• Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
• Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor
• Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
• Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
• Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
• Full time position consisting of 40+ hours per week; normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00am 3:30pm. This position may require long hours and weekend work due to production, rework or customer deadlines.
• Pre-employment drug test and background test required.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity