Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
Much of the position will require you to research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies. May also carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas including benefit administration, training, time & attendance as well as onboarding. Will be responsible for attracting a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization through effective sourcing strategies in order to fill open positions. Will play a key role in the hiring process including recruiting, interviewing, development of employment offers, orientating new employees, and administering the job posting procedure.
• Will facilitate and implement all phases of the recruitment and onboarding process.
• Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions.
• Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings in order to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
• Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods based on the available role, industry standards and the needs of the company.
• Post jobs and advertisements as needed on company website, social media like LinkedIn, job boards and State Unemployment boards per our legal requirements.
• Provide IT department with a recruiting update so they can work with the manager on resources required.
• Create position in Applicant Tracking System (ATS) in order for managers and other HR staff to view candidates and comments.
• Work with department managers in order to prepare interview questions for candidates.
• Training managers on the use of the ATS system so they can identify qualified candidates. Notify those not selected to move forward.
• Once pre-screen is completed update notes in ATS and send summary of phone screening to appropriate stake holders.
• Schedule in person or virtual interviews.
• Collaborate with VP of Human Resources during the offer process.
• Complete pre-employment background check, drug testing and/or credit checks.
• Confirm start date, create onboarding agenda and implement HR onboarding.
• Preparing and maintaining employee new hire documents to ensure accurate and timely completion of the process, to include but not be limited to; New hire paperwork and Agreements; I-9 verification (E-verify) compliance and auditing; Employee on boarding scheduling; 90-day orientation check list; Safety Orientation (FFL, firearm, specific job, TIPS, CO2, etc.)
• Assist VP of Human Resources with affirmative action program and ISO Training documentation by updating worksheets/reports, as needed.
• Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Perform routine tasks to assist the human resource department which may include compensation review, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Assist or attend employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and/or investigations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources and talent management.
• Performs other duties as assigned to better the department or company.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Familiarity with recruiting, benefit administration, basic HR and employee relations functions as well as state and federal employment law.
• Knowledge of HR policies and procedures with an understanding of legal compliance.
• Previous HRIS system use preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
• Prior use of ADP Workforce Now Time and Attendance and Epicor ERP, preferred.
2. Ethical Practice
3. Relationship Management
4. Problem Solving
5. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
6. Collaboration Skills
7. HR expertise
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 lbs. and to sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of two years of job-related experience, preferably in a human resources department; technical experience, including responsibility for recruiting.
Additional Requirements, if any:
• Full time regular position Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm with possibility of evening or weekend work due to business demand.
• Pre-employment background check and drug testing required.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity