Job Location: Chandler, AZ
Hand finishing production and prototype parts by removing burrs, creating desired textures, and cleaning per the job requirements. Assist with general shop floor help, job prep by saw cutting materials and staging, operating numerical control machining centers, shipping and receiving functions and some mechanical assembly.
- Deburr and hand-finish parts as required by specifications by using established procedures, machines, and tooling
- Ability to use a wide variety of basic deburr and hand finish tools, both electric and pneumatic such as (right angle grinder, die grinder, orbital sanders, and Foredom hand-finish tools and equipment)
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and instructions
- Inspect finished work to required specification
- Observe and notify supervisor when working with nonconforming product
- Cleans machined parts, using degreasing tank, parts washer or solvent and rags.
- Provides feedback to upstream processes in order to reduce processing time.
- Clean up of work area, and other areas of the facility as asked adhering to 5S principles.
- Work towards our goals of 100% On-Time Delivery and 100% Quality.
- Fill out discrepant material tags properly including notification of defects to supervisor.
- Provide accurate data for the computerized shop control system.
- Verify final paperwork is complete and ready to be submitted to supervisor
- Comply with department ISO 9001 processes and company quality policy
- Time management logging daily hours with appropriate job codes.
- Provide technical and miscellaneous support to other departments, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, push pull, reach overhead and bend to the floor. Visual acuity is required for part inspection and reading dial gauges, blueprints, instruction sheets and precision measuring instruments. Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action. Will occasionally exert 50 lbs. of force, frequently exert 25 lbs. of force and constantly exert 10 lbs. of force in order to move or relocate objects. Will work in a machine shop environment that has high noise levels, physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts and fumes, dust and mist as well as oils and cutting fluid.
Education and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years trade school, vocational education, verifiable work experience or apprenticeship
- Full time position consisting of 40-hours per week with work schedule generally being 8:00 to 5:00, Monday – Friday. This position may require periodic overtime and weekend work during periods of high production and/or audit.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity