Job Location: Chandler, AZ
Facilities Maintenance Technician ensures that our building services meet the needs of the employees. Will perform and oversee maintenance and repairs of equipment and building facilities. Will perform and coordinate installation and maintenance of mechanical items to include landscaping, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, life/safety systems, janitorial, painting and other building needs as required. In the event that equipment malfunctions, this person will identify the problem, suggest/implement repairs/replacement for the equipment. This is a hands-on position with an ideal candidate having 2 years’ experience in facility operations.
- Oversee the day-to-day needs of the operation to include facilities & maintenance at VirTra properties and coordinate all maintenance issues.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Will execute preventative maintenance (PM) program.
- Perform repairs in areas such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, roofing and HVAC, etc.
- Schedule equipment maintenance, and projects with vendors in order to comply with city, state and building requirements.
- When necessary, arrange for repairs with outside vendors.
- Maintain systems and internal controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Evaluate systems to determine if maintenance or repairs are needed.
- Perform grounds work, such as trimming plants, trees or shrubs and maintain drip system and other landscape work, as needed.
- Work with vendor on life/safety systems such as fire extinguishers, exits, sprinkler systems and alarms, fire hydrant and riser room need.
- Oversee security of buildings and grounds
- Maintain inventory and condition of equipment, tools and custodial supplies and.
- Removes debris and other trash inside as well as outside of the building and run baler machine to compress and bind cardboard as needed.
- Help move and arrange furniture, cubicles and equipment to include new hires, relocation of offices, and set up of conference and meeting rooms.
- Respond to emergencies as needed which may include weekends, holidays or overnight.
- Oversee any parking facility refurbishments and renovations.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, vendors and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and assist with energy management.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to better the company.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets (SDS) labels, warnings and safety precautions
- Ability to use tools, equipment and chemicals safely
- Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations a plus
- General knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements and safety precautions related to facilities management
- Ability to track equipment documentation, warranties and repairs as well as safety requirements
- Able to clean, sweep, vacuum, mop, wax, polish floors and shampoo carpets
- Ability to respond to building and equipment emergencies
- Knowledge of building safety regulations and security protocols
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Organization, Time and Project Management
- Communication Proficiency Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently the employee will be required to sit in front of a computer for multiple hours. Will also need to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and bend. Will regularly use hands and arms. Occasionally will lift and/or move more than 100 lbs. Specific abilities required include close vision, distance vision and depth perception. Noise levels may vary from moderate to intense. This is a fast-paced environment with various sharp objects, hazardous materials and machines present.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of custodial or maintenance experience.
- Experience problem solving and have a positive attitude.
- Experience working with electric and pneumatic tools, HVAC systems, landscaping, plumbing, and janitorial.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, TEAMS)
Additional Requirements, if any:
- Full time position consisting of 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm. This position may require overtime and/or weekend work due to business needs and deadlines.
- Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Benefits: VirTra Systems offers health, dental, vision, voluntary life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurances to full-time employees beginning on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. VirTra contributes up to 100% of the health insurance premium for the employee. Family health coverage is also available. Employees are eligible for VirTra’s 401k Matching Program which matches dollar for dollar up to 4% after one year of employment. Additionally, after 90 days employees are entitled to paid vacation and paid sick days. VirTra’s Profit Share Program offers a percentage of company profit to employees as a cash bonus following the completion of the annual financial audit.