Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
Will support and assist our team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers. Together, this engineering team designs and produces low to medium production volume recoil kits for firearms. The production designs are complex electronic and mechanical assemblies that incorporate state of the art, electronically controlled firearm components to allow advanced simulator training in a safe environment with realistic weapon recoil and accuracy.
• Must be able to demonstrate good electrical Circuit board assembly and repair skills. This would include surface mount soldering experience and good PCB component soldering skills per IPC-A-610. Candidate will be required to demonstrate ability to solder using quality soldering techniques.
• Must have a basic understanding of electronics and be able to use basic test/troubleshooting tools such as volt/ohm meters and basic digital scopes.
• Excellent Dexterity and hand/eye coordination is required. This position will be involved with daily production assembly of electrical and mechanical assemblies that frequently requires handling/installation of complex small electrical components (down to 0201 chip resistors) and hardware down to 0-80 screws.
• Must be able to work using a microscope for extended periods
• Proficiency with mechanical hand tools (wrenches, screw drives, pliers, etc.) and basic machine tools (drills, Dremel tools, grinding wheels, drill press, band saw, etc.) is required.
• General electrical assembly aptitude for focused quality assembly /test/troubleshoot/repair of small electrical and mechanical systems/parts in a repeating production environment is required.
• Experience in a high reliability manufacturing environment is required.
• Able to read a complex multilevel bill of material and pull parts required for production builds.
• Basic principles of stock management and part procurement are a plus.
• Must be able to follow and/or create complex work instructions and perform repeating tasks in a low to medium volume manufacturing environment.
• Must have a desire to learn.
• Perform daily and weekly shop cleanup and organization.
• Comply with department ISO 9001 processes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
2. Problem Solving
3. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
4. Troubleshooting ability
5. Team work
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; sit and use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 to 30lbs. Working with basic hand and machine tools as well as small parts which require visual acuity and hand/eye coordination. Requires ability to work on items repetitively.
Education and Experience:
• High school or technical school graduate
• 5 years previous experience in electrical assembly
• Small part assembly experience a plus
• IPC-A-610 certification a plus
• Full time position consisting of 40+ hours per week; 2nd shift position – Monday through Friday, 2:15pm to 10:45pm. This position may require long hours and weekend work due to production, rework or customer deadlines.
• Pre-employment drug test and background test
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity