Job Location: Orlando, FL
We provide high quality, high value, simulation solutions to customers in the Private, Law Enforcement, Aerospace & Defense industry. We are widely recognized for innovative technical products.
We are seeking a highly motivated Director of Simulations to lead and strengthen our organization in Orlando, Florida. The position is located in Orlando, Florida and travel is anticipated to be 50 percent of the job, both domestic and abroad.
The perfect candidate will use their ability to set up, support and maintain a new office location in the research park area. The candidate must be a team player who knows how to create and manage the synergy among business development, operations, capture management, and proposal functions while maintaining a product demonstration suite.
- Responsible for project handover, planning, tracking, execution, reporting, finance and resource allocations
- Partner with stakeholders, liaise with customers on all technical, contractual and commercial issues
- Coordinate technical compliance with Operations department on all stages and R&D on development tasks and logistics
- Properly manage cross functional teams, in different time zones, that include contractors, vendors, and internal employees to facilitate flawless execution of projects
- Analyze and foresee potential problems and proactively resolve any issues with stakeholders
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Participate in contract reviews
- Assist sales in technical discussions and provide cost estimations on future projects
- Participate in customer meetings with sales in-house or at customer locations
- Customer and industry interaction supporting Win Strategy formulation, capture execution, and proposal development for large pursuits
- Create, maintain and operate a complete product line demonstration area to include updates and product improvement
- Support business pipeline reviews and metric assessments to include pipeline metrics, Win/Loss rates, Submits/Awards, and Marketing
- Assist in identifying new winnable opportunities with military, law enforcement, and private organizations
- Determined and innovative
- Solid organizational and interpersonal skills
- Well structured, energetic, and forward looking
- Attention to critical detail and multitasking skills
- Strong leadership, motivational and diplomatic skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Above average presentation skills to demonstrate product to customers
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor degree in business, computer science, or related field, or 6 years progressive experience with project management and/or other relevant technical/operational experience, preferably multinational
- Organizational, practical and communication skills and an ability to manage contractual, commercial and technical issues
- Experience in successfully leading projects on-schedule and within budget
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging customers to establish credibility, building consensus and achieve objectives
- PMI certification
- Simulation industry experience
- Experience on US government/defense programs
- Military Veteran with JTAC and weapon training
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and lift. Ability to occasionally lift products and equipment up to 75lbs. and to sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time.
Additional requirements, if any:
- Full-time position consisting of 40+ hours per week; normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. This position may require long hours and weekend work or travel during periods of demand and/or deadlines.
- Pre-employment criminal background check and drug testing.
- Currently have a passport or ability to obtain a passport.
- Travel expectation 50%, domestic and international.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity