Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
Produce 3D art assets for use in VirTra simulation systems. Assist in creating various marketing and promotional materials as needed.
- Rig and animate current assets
- Create 3D assets for Environments and Characters
- Develop high quality and cutting edge 3D models and art.
- Animate characters and objects for use in simulations and promotional materials.
- Utilize 3D modeling, mapping, texturing, lighting techniques etc. to create visual elements.
- Attend team meetings to discuss art related issues, work progress, etc.
- Review 3D arts and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Optimize 3D arts for creating realistic environment.
- Create 3D models from photos and real-world objects.
- Troubleshoot problems on reintegration of outsourced assets into the 3D arts.
- Develop high poly sculpts and textures for 3D arts.
- Create 3D assets for arts and models.
- Ensure to meet high artwork standards.
- Understand the project requirements and develop high quality art assets accordingly.
- Creative in problem solving
- Time and Self-Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Independent judgment
- Communication Proficiency
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Will occasionally be required to lift office products and supplies up to 15 pounds and to sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time. This position requires repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and or fingers.
Education and Experience:
- BA or equivalent skill set
- Must have experience creating 3D assets for environments & characters
- Expertise in current 3DS Max software
- Motion Capture experience a plus
- Artistic and technical skills
- Typical work schedule: 8:00 to 5:00, Monday – Friday but flexible work hours required which could include evening or weekend work due to video shoots, production deadlines, coordination of duties or project demand.
- Pre-employment drug test and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity