Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
Produce, direct, and edit interactive Law Enforcement training content for use in VirTra training. Our Assistant Editors represent a critical leading role in VirTra’s e-learning content production pipeline. Assistant Editors are critical to all phases of production including pre-production and post-production Editors are responsible for producing professional image and audio recordings for use in VirTra training. The Assistant Editor works closely with the assigned Editor, SME, Instructional Designer and the Director of Training and Curriculum to assure that every production is a success.
• Produce high quality content while self-managing production deadlines
• Write and edit scripts, storyboards and create shot lists
• Edit and mix raw video, photos and sound
• Deliver agreed-upon material to create the best possible content for VirTra
• Work closely with in-house video personnel, artists, animators, editors and subject matter expert teams to develop realistic Law Enforcement and Military based training, using assets and content created in 3D modeling software.
• Incorporate SMEs vision and directions into all phases of production (pre and post) to assure VirTra’s high standards of production are met
• Collaborate with Editor and SMEs to produce the best possible training content using your extensive A/V knowledge and understanding
• Comply with departmental ISO 9001 processes
• Perform other duties as assigned to better the company or department
Daily Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Treatment review
• Script writing, shot list authoring, creation of storyboard layouts
• Work with artists and animators to ensure created content meets SME requirements
• Data ingest, transfer, and backups
• Edit and mix all renders/video/audio for various content projects
• Review and approve all visual/audio fidelity for final scenarios, as well as confirming proper functionality
• Test and approve final versions of all content with in-house SMEs
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Ability to achieve the overall vision of a project
• Self-motivated and self-directed and accountable without day to day direct supervision
• Proficiency in storyboarding, editing, color grading and managing assets
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud including Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator and Media Encoder
• Functional knowledge of motion graphics animation
• Basic on-set video production skills preferred (camera, lighting, audio)
• Problem Solving
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Work well under pressure with tight deadlines
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
• Collaboration Skills
• Communication Proficiency
Education and Experience:
• BA in fine arts or relevant curriculum, or equivalent skill set.
• At least 3 years of content creation and/or video editing experience.
• Storyboarding experience necessary as well as knowledge of basic scriptwriting/editing copy for talent
• Experience with Articulate 360 would be helpful but not required
• Typical work schedule: 8:00 to 5:00, Monday – Friday but flexible work hours required which could include evening or weekend work due to video shoots, production deadlines, coordination of duties or project demand
• Position requires the ability to travel up to 5% of the time within the U.S.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and speak. Frequently the employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Will occasionally be subject to higher than normal noise levels. Visual acuity including color, depth perception and field of vision required. Often will be required to sit and work at a computer for upwards of 4 hours at a time which requires repetitive motion of the wrist, hands and/or fingers.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity